Our Skechers Kid's S Lights are designed to last until your child outgrows them.
If the S Lights aren't lighting up correctly, it could be that the lights have accidentally been turned off. We've outlined below the best ways to troubleshoot this issue.
- Most S Lights will have an ON/OFF button built into the design of the shoe. Check around the outer ankle of the shoe or on the velcro strap for the button. Press the button and test the shoes again
- S Lights are sense activated in the heel of the shoe. If your child is light or walks on their toes, they may not be putting enough weight on the heel to activate the lights
- Check the position of the lights. S Light models will light up the sole when walking while Twinkle Toes will only light up on the toes.
Good to know:
- Batteries cannot be replaced and should last the intended lifespan of the shoe*
- S Lights should be kept dry - submerging in water may result in malfunctioning lights
*The intended lifespan refers to the wear the child they were bought for gets out of them before they outgrow them. If the S Lights have been passed down from one child to another, the lights may no longer work which is not considered a fault.
Still having difficulties?
Our Skechers Experts are here to help.
If you purchased in-store, please see our Faulty Assessment process here.
If you purchased online, view our online Faulty Assessment process here. When submitting your claim, please attach photos of the shoes and a video of the lights not working.